Thursday, May 21, 2015

Blue Spring

Currently in Paeroa headed for the Coromandel peninsula. A nasty front is headed this way for tomorrow so I'm thinking I'll probably look for a place to hang out for a couple of nights and let it pass.

Rotorua was pretty typical of a spa town but with a large park full of boiling ponds of water, mud pots and free foot baths! Best however was a day hike to Blue Spring on the Te Waihou walkway near Putaruru. Simply stunning! I'll include a picture but I'm sure a google search will yield some that will do it more justice. A sign at the spring said it takes water 50-100 years to reach the spring though I don't know how they could determine that... 70 percent of New Zealand's bottle water is sourced from this spring as well as drinking water for nearby towns.


Erik has opted for surgery and chemo for Rasta. It is scheduled for next Weds.

No comments:

Post a Comment