Tuesday, January 19, 2016

I met a guy on a train

Though I've been thinking all along that Laos would be my next destination from Chiang Mai, it turns out it's India. I took the overnight train to Bangkok night before last and will take a 4am flight to New Delhi day after tomorrow.

The night train was great. Somewhere around 8 or 9 pm, a porter came along and turned my bench seating into a comfortable sleeping berth with clean sheets and a warm blanket. In bits and pieces, timed with starts and stops the train made along the way, I managed to get a pretty decent night's sleep.

My time in CM was a terrific break from the constant moving on that I've become more and more weary of. I spent several days working with Abby (Sean and Prang's oldest) on math and English. She's a bright and beautiful child and I will miss her (along with everyone else there).

I stayed in the guest house with Marisa who was turned out to be an instant and much cherished friend. One of the things I told her was that I felt like I had another life/work chapter in me and that the universe seemed to be telling me I need to teach. It's been coming at me in ways that are subtle and some that are not so subtle. I told her of my resistance to the idea and my attempts at bargaining with the universe ('cuz teaching has NEVER been on the list of things I would want to do in my life). Which brings me to the title of this post...

I met a German guy who gives seminars on NLP (neuro-linguistic programming) while traveling with the workshop attendees (at least that was my take on what he was up to - I suspect that I was part of his ongoing marketing efforts). One of the first things out of his mouth was "Are you a teacher?"  All I could do was laugh. I'm sure he thought me quite rude, but luckily he didn't take it personal and we went on to have a quite interesting conversation - though I still can't really tell you what NLP is... lol.

So, perhaps to teach. What, where, when and who are yet unknown to me. First up - India, Nepal, The Camino de Santiago and perhaps home for a bit to see my beloved Rasta in her last time on this earth (last summer, the vet gave her a year before she thought the cancer would return with a vengeance).



No comments:

Post a Comment