Thursday, November 5, 2015

Cameron Highlands

Spent 4 nights in Tanah Rata - the main city in the Cameron Highlands area of Malaysia. CH is somewhere around 6 or 8k feet above sea level and is much cooler - it was a welcome relief from the heat and a beautiful area. There are some muddy trekking trails in the area so I spent a couple of days back in my element :)   Apparently the climate is good for growing tea, the area tea plantations were quite lovely and kind of surreal - they look like a funky carpet or something laying on the hillsides.
Beautiful Cameron Highlands
I'm currently in Penang (arrived late yesterday) and am finding it quite interesting and full of character. Much of today was chewed up by a long walk to the Thai embassy in round 2 of an attempt to obtain a 60 day visa, I have to go back tomorrow to pick it up - hopefully all is well.

Penang is known for it's food and I have found some delicious food here - but then it's been pretty amazing all along since leaving Australia. I'm staying in the Georgetown area which is a world heritage site and clearly has a lot of history (something I'm looking forward to learning about). There is a National Park here (Penang is an island) and lots of other interesting looking things to explore in the area so I think I'll be spending several days here before moving on to perhaps Langkawi? or another island in the area.

This meal looks like it would eat you back!


No comments:

Post a Comment