Thursday, November 12, 2015

Like a bad penny (I keep turning up)

Amazingly I am back in my least favorite place - Kuala Lumpur round 3. The good news is, the land I had in South Park has sold! The title company wasn't happy with the power of attorney I'd executed for Erik before leaving the States so I had to find a US Embassy to notarize a new one. I wouldn't recommend it btw, at $50 usd per signature it's the most expensive notary ever. So I will find an overnight shipper today and leave this pit tomorrow, not sure just yet to where... maybe back to Penang?

Penang was lovely as expected. Carol (from Gili Air fame) met me for a couple of days there - we hired a scooter and had a great day touring the island and hiking in the national park. We parked the scooter and went for food, leaving the helmets with the bike as everyone else seems to do. When we returned, one helmet was missing. Luckily, a local took pity on us and got us a new one for "local" prices - 30 ringit or $7.50 usd. Could've been worse.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment