Thursday, April 9, 2015

Akaroa

You'd think by now I'd know better than to plan to stay in a city! The motor park in Christchurch I'd targeted for a couple day stay was so awful I fled the city to a freebie about 30 mins drive south. Now I find myself at the end of the road (well the decent road anyways) on the peninsula southeast of Christchurch. Akaroa is a small tourist town at the head of the bay, with free wifi at the library :).  Nice since it's a rainy Friday afternoon.

I find my priorities in life have totally changed. A good place to camp, free wifi and clean drinking water being top of the list. It's kind of hard to believe that in a country with so much rainfall, it can be difficult to come by potable water. The vast majority of the (non-commercial) campgrounds, if they have water at all, suggest it be boiled or simply declare it non-potable. 

I do want to return to Christchurch and tour the city a bit more. I've heard tales of the earthquake damage that is still visible there but really only saw a little bit. The plan is to take my time in returning perhaps on Sunday or Monday this time with a little better preparation to find a decent holiday park to stay in and sights to see.

Hope you all are well! Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Finally got your blog. Glad you are enjoying yourself so much, but please not too, too much. We love you here and miss you but oh what stories you will have to tell.

    ReplyDelete